Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Ramblings, Part 2

I did one of these posts a couple of Christmas's ago. So now, as I sit here overly stuffed from a lunch of Potbelly sandwich, chips, and a strawberry shake, it seemed like a good time to do it again.
____________________________________________________

Last night was the Christmas celebration with my family. As you read in yesterday's post, I was not feeling all that festive, but I'm happy to report that spending time with my family was just what I needed to knock the bah-humbug out of me. I'm still not singing Christmas carols and decking the halls, but at least I'm feeling somewhat, kind of okay about the whole holiday.
____________________________________________________

Also last night, my 10 year old niece played music for me on the piano and blew me away. She also plays the violin. She's probably going to be really famous someday. So, you know, I can live vicariously through her. When I was talking to her about playing guitar, she said "Oh, that's right. You're like a celebrity." To which I started to correct her but then thought well, I do have a blog with like, seven followers. So, you know.
____________________________________________________

We have an iPod in our living room hooked up to the stereo. This is how we listen to music at our house. That thing runs constantly while we are home. I have a playlist that I created that I put all of the music I'm okay with other people hearing and that is what we listen to (so, you know, the New Kids on the Block and NWA is for times when I'm alone). The playlist has over a thousand songs on it. Yet the iPod plays the same 50 songs over and over and over again. It has been running almost non-stop since Friday morning without being reshuffled, yet it still plays the same songs. Frustrating. #firstworldproblems
____________________________________________________

Speaking of music, I'm so happy the new Ani Difranco album is not a let down. I really like it. Though, I got to say, I've heard all of these songs for years now and I know them all, and sure, it's nice to hear them all dressed up and sans audience background noise, but I kind of miss the surprise of a new Ani album filled with unheard songs. But that's just not going to happen anymore. Not in the day and age of YouTube videos. But, I suppose that's my fault. I don't have to seek out the new songs on YouTube. But what can I say? I'm obsessed.
____________________________________________________

After the rock through the windshield of our car, glass is still everywhere. The Husband vacuumed it out, but the dashboard still sparkles at night from all the teeny tiny shards. Every time I sit in the passenger seat, I feel like I'm sitting on glass. I am so terrified of getting glass stuck in me somewhere. A few years ago, I got a piece of glass embedded in the palm of my hand. The skin grew over it and it lived there for a year. Occasionally if I put a lot of pressure on it for a long time, like if I was riding my bike or doing yoga, it would start to poke through and bleed. It was awful. Then one day, it just came out. And it was huge! I could not believe that thing was stuck in my hand for a year. So, anyway, I live in fear of that happening again.
___________________________________________________

I had to type "vacuumed" multiple times in the above section before I got it right.
___________________________________________________

I have no pants. Okay, so I have a pair of dress pants and another pair of pants that I can only wear with a certain pair of shoes. But that's it. I've discovered that this accounts for the majority of my laziness on weekends. It makes it difficult to want to get up and do something on a Saturday morning when I can't just throw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and head out the door. Instead I have to find a pair of leggings, then I have to find a skirt or dress to wear with them. If it's a skirt, then I have to find a shirt. Then socks, then boots, and suddenly I'm in a whole fancy outfit when all I wanted to do was run to Starbucks and then come home and drink my coffee whilst sitting at the computer. I really need some pants.
___________________________________________________

The internet really sucks during the holidays. Bloggers stop writing. People are too busy to properly social network. Even the celebrity gossip ceases. There's nothing to read. And I am at a complete loss without my internet. So, I will continue to blog through the holiday. Because I care about the internet.
___________________________________________________

Happy Holidays, Everyone...

No comments: