Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Which Side Are You On?

So excited!!!! Practically jumping out of my chair!!!!

I knew Ani Difranco's long long loooonnnnng awaited 17th (!!!) studio album was coming out January 17th (huh, I just made that connection. I wonder if it's on purpose?). This news alone was enough to get me super excited.

Yes this is the actual album cover. I don't get it either.

Then she posted 30 second samples of all the songs on her website and they sound so good my anticipation level cranked into high gear.

Now this morning, she's released the full version of the title track "Which Side Are You On?" and it is so ridiculously cool. What a manic track. It makes me want to just move. To do something. Which I guess might be the point as this song is the reworking of an old folk tune updated for today's world.

I've posted the song below for you to hear. Give it a listen and get excited.


Also, if you preorder the album from the website, they will ship it on December 21st which means it will show up at your door 3 weeks early. So of course I did this.

2 comments:

Shanna Sandmoen said...

I'd heard it was coming out since last winter, yes! Finally a date. Now to hear when the supposed Cat Power and Fiona Apple CD's are going to be released. They both made announcements in Jan/Feb, and nothing since!

Niki said...

That's right. I forgot about those announcements. I know Regina Spektor just announced her new album to be released in May, if you like her at all.