Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Honey, Honey

Obligatory post-show post here. But, oh my it was a good night.

First of all, I got to play with Gabriel Douglas, known around these parts as bd1 - or - the lead singer of 4 on the Floor. I really enjoy that band and was so happy he agreed to come play a solo set. So that got the night off to a good start.

Then I played for about an hour. I got to play some songs that I haven't played in a while. I even brought the ukulele out to play. I had a lot of friends there, including a mini family reunion between me and a my cousins. The sound was good. All in all, it was a really good night.

I did/do have a little cold and I did have my concerns about singing, but I made it through. My voice kicked in and all was well. Maybe now I can finally stop freaking out about getting sick all of the time before a show now that I've been sick for a show and the world did not end.

Setlist for Honey 12/28/11
-Good
-Easy to Blame
-The Paul Simon Song
-Can't Even Tell
-Cast a Spell
-Thursday
-Ramble Song
-Anywhere I Lay My Head (Tom Waits cover)
-Float
-Here
-The Woods
-Cohabitate
-Old Fashioned Hat (Anais Mitchell cover)
-Minnesota

No comments: