Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Practice, Practice, Practice!

I'm super excited because I have some musical prospects on the horizon. I hoping to start playing shows in the next few months. But first I need to practice. But I can't. Because I'm sick. Again. This is getting so old. What is it? Once a month now? Goddamn. Make it stop.

I can't sing because 1.) my nose is stuffed up and 2.) my throat is super sore. I just want to start practicing!!! It's so frustrating.

It's also the night of 89.3 The Current's 5th birthday party at First Avenue. I've been looking forward to this for a couple of months now and I have to go. There's just no way I can't. I would have loved to have called in today and slept to gear up for it, but since it's technically a work function, it wouldn't have looked good to call in sick to work and then show up there tonight. So here I am. Sick at work again.

And, hey! We all know what happens when I'm sick at work. The iPod earbuds go in the ears and I zone out the day listening to music. I think it's time for another 25 Songs That Play On My iPod while I'm Sick At Work.

1. "Chelsea Hotel" - Dan Bern (not a Leonard Cohen cover. It's his own beautifully awesome song)
2. "Love Ridden" - Fiona Apple
3. "The Angels Hung Around" - Rilo Kiley
4. "Moving to Canada" - Cloud Cult
5. "Past in Present" - Feist
6. "The Geese of Beverly Road" - The National
7. "Little Bird on my Shoulder" - Haley Bonar
8. "Follow You Down" - Gin Blossoms (yes, the Gin Blossoms)
9. "In Order" - Halloween, Alaska (does every version of this song have a beep in it, or did I accidentally buy the edited version?)
10. "Little Plastic Castle" (live from official Hamburg, Germany boot) - Ani Difranco
11. "Don't Do Me Like That" - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
12. "In the Way" (live) - Ani Difranco
13. "She Cries Your Name" - Beth Orton
14. "Alternative to Love" - Brendan Benson
15. "Who You Gonna Run To?" Solid Gold
16. "The Little Cowboy" - Erin McKeown
17. "Dogs" - Damien Rice
18. "Parachutes" - Coldplay
19. "Seashell Tale" (M. Ward cover) - Bright Eyes
20. "It's Over" - The Cure
21. "All the Wine" - The National
22. "All is Well" - Soul Asylum
23. "Painting" - Atmosphere
24. "Bartender" - Regina Spektor
25. "The Avalanche" - Sufjan Stevens

No comments: