Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Typical

The way I've gone about this blog these past few days is how I seem to tackle most things. I start out all super excited and motivated. I spout declarations like, "I'm going to post every day in June! Really, I am! I can do it!". Then I do it. I do it for a while. And I enjoy it. And then something happens, and I miss a day or an assignment. And I think to myself, "It's okay. It's just one day. It doesn't mean it's over. I can make it up. I can get back on the horse."

So the next day happens and I make it happen, but it's half-assed. The momentum has been lost. So much so that the next day happens and I do nothing. I think, "well, I already missed once. Maybe I was pushing myself too much. It's best to take a break." Then the "break" goes from one day to two to three until I've completely mucked it all up and find myself wallowing in guilt because I failed.

This is how I do things.

But, it's cool. I've got things going on. Just not enough to write about every day. Or maybe too much that I haven't had the time. 30 posts in a row was a big goal for me. I managed something like 23. I came up a week short. I shouldn't be feeling so bad about this.

No comments: