Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sudden Anxiety

Quick post before I am away for the night.

I got an unexpected gig at a high profile place tonight. This is now my first official gig. I am getting more and more nervous. But not for the reasons one might expect before a performance. I'm not nervous about singing or playing or remembering the words. I'm nervous about set up. It's just me and my guitar, but I don't know anything about plugging in. Which cord do I grab to plug into my guitar? What about the settings on my guitar? What should they be set at? Eeek!

Do I try to act like I know what I'm doing? Or do I come out with it completely and tell them I'm a complete noob?

I feel like the latter is the best, and right, way to go about things.

I'm used to open mic nights where the staff does everything for you or going completely unplugged. This is a bar with a sound guy and other bands playing and...oh, dear. I hope I don't make an ass of myself.

No comments: