Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Jellyfish


One step in a blind man's direction
taking with me every ounce of perspiration that my pores can push out
what's this about?
self doubt, for sure
every door an ominous undertaking
my knees making me move like jellyfish
my arms are heavy and my back is sore
my body pulling closer to the floor
what am i doing this for?
throwing a sound mind to the seas
i lock my knees
and try to breathe
...breathe...
...breathe...
...breathe...
breathe in what makes confidence
what gives people arrogance
enough to shake off this pesky nest of fear
that has made a home in my gut
twisting and burning up my insides
unitl it shows in my eyes
but, hey, at least i'm giving it a try

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love jellyfish. so beautiful.

Niki said...

Thanks, Megan!