Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Power Outage

The power was out this morning. It's always a little disorienting to wake up with the power out. This was made all the more so since I was having a dream about the world ending. Kind of scary to be dreaming about the end of the world and you wake up with a start and look at the alarm clock and it's blank.

I will say that I am quite impressed with my internal alarm clock, though. Especially since it's Monday and I haven't had to wake up to an alarm since Friday. I woke up right at 6:30, which is when I normally get up for work. So, yay, me.

It was interesting to realize how much use I put into electricity before I even leave the house. Let's take a look.

1. Waking up to the alarm.
2. Showering with the light on.
2a. You could add showering with hot water since the hot water only exists for so long when the power goes out.
3. Dressing with the light on.
4. Turning on the TV to hear the weather.
5. Turning on the computer to check my email/Facebook/etc.
6. Blow drying my hair.
7. Putting on my make-up with the bathroom light on.
8. Getting my purse/breakfast/lunch together with the kitchen light on.
9. Checking the living room digital clock to see if it's time to catch my bus.
10. Checking the kitchen digital clock to see if it's time to catch my bus.

Ten things. Ten reasons that I need electricity in the morning. I am lost without it.

No comments: