Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

She Thinks She Missed The Train To Mars...

Remember the song "Stars" by Hum?


I'm pretty sure every alternative rock band music video looked just like this back in the mid-90s.

It came out in 1995 when I 16 years old. I don't remember it being a very big song back then. I know it received some radio play - otherwise I would never have heard it back then.

I recall really liking it. I never bought their album or anything. But I always liked this song.

Flash forward 14 or so years later and the song started popping up again out of nowhere. It brought it back to my attention and, thank to iTunes, I was able to download the song and have it to listen to whenever I want.

Recently, Cadillac used it for a commercial, further pushing it back into the music scene.

And then there is this video below. It's probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Maybe you have to be from Minnesota where people like this roam in herds at your local grocery store...but holy shit this is hilarious. And it uses "Stars".

No comments: