Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

I've Got Bruises On My Chin For You

Take a look just to the bottom right of my lower lip.

Ignore the dark bag under my eye. I'm very tired.

See that odd discoloration? That is the bruise that caused the awful dream I had Wednesday night. Sure, it's not big and purple. But it's still unfortunate and in a spot just bad enough where it looks like I'm walking around with food on my face. Or dirt. And it really looks much more vibrant in person.

I have no idea where it came from. The only thing I can think of is that I tend to sit at the computer with my chin cupped in my hand and that is the exact spot where my thumb rests. Maybe my iron levels are low and I am bruising easily again. Being that I'm a vegetarian (and a very bad one in that I don't eat enough veggies for being a vegetarian), I don't get enough iron in my diet. When I first stopped eating meat, I bruised if someone brushed up against me. I recall walking around one summer with my arms covered in little bruises. I looked like a domestic abuse victim, or a junkie.

But over 13 years on, I've figured out how to be a proper vegetarian. But this holiday season and being sick and sad for the past month has caused me to eat very poorly - and obviously my body is starting to show it in a variety of ways.

Like random bruises.

No comments: