Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dream Log #11

Back story: Yesterday I got home from work and noticed a small bruise on my face. I have no idea how it got there. I think this is where the crazy dream came from.

I was getting ready to go out. I noticed the bruise on my face. My husband and I were really looking forward to the party we were planning to attend. I didn't worry about the bruise too much, but still thought I should try to cover it with make-up. As I was applying the foundation, I noticed a ridge on my face running from the bottom of my eye to my chin. It almost looked like a fish gill. It was only noticeable close up. I applied more make-up, and after freaking out for a bit, decided not to let it get to me. It was just a party with friends, after all.

I finished with the make-up, went to get dressed, and went back to the bathroom to doublecheck my hair. I gasped. On my face, running from the outer corner of my eye to my nostrils was a huge gash. If I pushed on it, you could see the muscle underneath. I screamed and cried for my Husband. He repeated, "It's not that bad. It's not that bad." But it was, it really was.

I cried for a while. Then pulled myself together, put some gauze and a bandage over the gash, reapplied some make-up over the rest of the facial issues, threw on some large sunglasses (which helped to cover the gash), and went to the party.

No comments: