Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Cedar Cultural Center



Ever since I saw my first show at The Cedar Cultural Center (which I believe was Greg Brown), I’ve wanted to perform there. It’s just about the most perfect venue for my style of music. The sound is excellent. It’s spacious, yet intimate. Love it.

And last night I got to perform there!



It was the Prairie Fire Lady Choir’s end of season celebration. They performed along with Roe Family Singers, Aby Wolf, and the Como Avenue Jug Band…and me! 


Prairie Fire Lady Choir and Roe Family Singers sharing the stage.
I sang a few songs with the choir and then did a four song set of my own.

It was a seated show, which means that all in attendance were seated and watching and listening. I don’t think I’ve ever had that before. At bars, people tend to mill about, chat, etc and that’s just fine. I want people to have a good time. But having people just sit and listen while you perform is pretty amazing and a very cool experience.



Set list for The Cedar Cultural Center 11-27-12

  • Johnny B. Goode
  • Minnesota
  • Blue Whale (With the Borgendale sisters on back up! Love singing this song with them!)
  • For the Time Being


                                                                   Singing with the Borgendale sisters!

Next up I’ll be at the Turf Club this Sunday, December 2nd with Swallows and Mary Bue. I will have the band with me. Yay for band shows!

No comments: