Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Morning

It's Sunday morning. I got up kind of early. Lately I've been sleeping in until way past 10am on the weekends. But this morning I was up at the ridiculously early time of 9:15. So I made myself some coffee and pop tarts (strawberry, unfrosted) and have spent the morning browsing the internet (while listening to the songs listed below).

I've got the internet whittled down to about 20 sites. I visit them on a rotating basis throughout the day. Some of them don't update on the weekends and I find that so incredibly frustrating (I'm looking at you Tom and Lorenzo). Is there a better time to browse the internet than on a Sunday morning with coffee and pop tarts? I think not.

This is me on the internet on Sunday morning in cartoon form. 


Songs That Have Played Randomly Via My iTunes This Morning:

1. "Blood Bank" - Bon Iver
2. "I" - Andrew Bird
3. "What Is Wrong" - Juliana Hatfield
4. "I Won't Stand in Your Way" - Stray Cats
5. "That's the Way Love Goes" - Janet Jackson (I really, really love Janet Jackson)
6. "Country Sad Ballad Man" - Blur
7. "When You Were Mine" - Cyndi Lauper
8. "Stitches the Clown" - El le Faunt and His Traveling Circus
9. "Flint (For the Unemployed and Underpaid) - Sufjan Stevens
10. "The Dreams You Left Behind (Reprise) - Micah P. Hinson
11. "Fell Down the Stairs" - Tilly and the Wall
12. "Island in the Stream" - Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers (Kenny Rogers & I share the same birthday - August 21st)
13. "I Remember You" - Skid Row (I sometimes cover this song. Mostly very poorly)
14. "Let's Talk About Sex" - Salt-N-Peppa
15. "Paparazzi" - Lady GaGa (love the chorus of this song)
16. "Homeward Bound" - Simon & Garfunkel
17. "I Started a Joke" - Bee Gees
18. "Just Like Heaven" - The Cure
19. "Once In A While" - Eddie Vedder
20. "Run to Me" Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs

At some point today I need to do laundry. Our dryer broke a while ago and we haven't been able to get a new one yet. So laundry has to be carefully planned out so that clothes will be dry when needed. This has made it so I've been doing very small loads because there are only so many places to hang and lay my clothes to dry. But I'm almost caught up. I think if I stay in my pajamas all day today and wash one final load, I will finally have all of my clothes clean. And it will be good.

I'm sure this is all fascinating. But, hey, at least I'm updating the blog and, hopefully, giving someone else something mindless to read on a Sunday Morning.

Here's some songs referencing Sunday morning...

No Doubt: Sunday Morning:


Ani Difranco: Sunday Morning: 


Oasis: Sunday Morning Call:


Alright. Procrastination over. Laundry time. Have a great week. I have a show tomorrow night at Cause in Minneapolis. I'll be playing solo. 10pm. It's free. 

No comments: