Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Things I Love Right Now

I just had this idea for a new reoccurring blog topic that will - like all of my reoccurring blog topics (see: Music MondaysFavorite Songs Ever, Sunday Lists as examples) just die a quick death. But, whatever.

So I think - for now - I might make the first blog post of each month be about things I'm really loving at the moment. Things I'm really loving in all areas of all things.

So here goes (in no particular order)...

1. My black jeans.


I'm not saying I look super awesome in them or anything. It's just that I don't buy jeans because I don't find them all that comfortable. And the last time I tried to wear these I must have been super bloated or I've dropped a few pounds recently because they were one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever dressed my body in. But the other day I was in a pinch and needed something to wear and I put them on and they felt like sweatpants. So I've worn them pretty much every day since. So I should probably give them their props now because next week they most likely won't fit so well again and I will go back to hating them.


2. The Walking Dead



This show is quite the roller coaster, isn't it? And I don't just mean the intensity of each episode, but I mean how it can go from being a pretty good show to sucking so horribly to suddenly being ridiculously amazing. Three episodes into the third season and it seems to have finally figured itself out. But there's still a lot to go, so we'll see if it can hold up. (There I go. Always the pessimist).


3. "Good Intentions Paving Company" by Joanna Newsom



I've been in love with this song for a couple of months now. A week ago I had a show in Duluth and, driving home that night, I listened to this song 3 times in a row. I would have listened more, but I didn't want to be ridiculous. My goal is to write a song like this.


4. This dog.



The husband and I are totally ready to get a dog again. We still cry for Murray way more than is probably normal, but we are ready to have a dog in the house again. Unfortunately, the timing is just not that great right now. But I don't know. I've got it bad for this guy. If he's still available to adopt in a week...


5. Mashed Potatoes



OMG I could eat mashed potatoes for every meal and be so happy. Right now my favorite meal consists of a heaping helping of mashed potatoes, which I pick up from the Byerlys' hot dish meal deli section, fake bbq riblets, and corn. It's so good. Such comfort food.





No comments: