Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Dream Log #7

I had this super crazy/scary dream the other night. So scary that I’ve been trying to put it out of my mind. Even on the bus ride in the next day, when I remembered it, I had to close my eyes really tight and force myself to think about something else.

Surprisingly, it was not about zombies. It wasn’t a horror dream. It was just very bizarre.

My husband and I were sitting out in the backyard enjoying a picnic. The sun was shining bright. The sky was super blue. There was not a cloud to be seen. It was perfect outside.

Then I noticed the sun seemed extra large. In the dream, I was aware that the sun was way too big, but thought it was normal and that I was just over thinking things.



Then it started to change shape and…melt…almost. I commented to my husband that the sun resembled an omelette, it had that shape. At this point, the sun was as large as our house and looming overhead. We both thought it was very strange.

And then, it disappeared for a split second. The sky went dark. The stars sparkled. My heart just about stopped. But it came right back, just as big as before. We both just looked at each other.

Then it happened it again. But this time it shrunk really fast and then *poof*. Gone. The sky went dark again. The stars shined bright. We began to freak out.

We ran to the front door and noticed that the Northern Lights were out. They were extremely vivid and pulsating.

We went inside and decided to check the internet. My husband commented on what a nice day it had been. I calmly replied, “That was the last time we will ever see the sun again.”

A million thoughts raced through my mind at this point. Will we survive? What will happen? Is the world ending?

And then the news broke in on the television. It was a scam. And just like that, the sun came back. Some company created a huge hoax as a marketing ploy. How? I don’t know. Who? I don’t know. Because I woke up.

So, it’s not like someone was trying to kill me or I was drowning or anything like that. But, I have never been more terrified in my life or in a dream than I was in this one. And on the bus the next morning while the sun was shining bright and it was a beautiful day, I couldn’t stop thinking about what would happen if it just disappeared.

It still freaks me out.

No comments: