Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Big Day Has Come

So today is a big day. It is day one of my very first recording session for my album. So weird to say. I can’t believe I’m actually doing it.

But, of course, with all good things that come into my life, I tend to think very negatively. There is always this fear in me that something will come along to ruin it.

My life as a child/teenager was filled with many ups and downs. Whenever things got to be too good, something would always come crashing down.

This has led to an adult life where I am always expecting the worst and feel I can never get too excited about something.

For example, I come from vacation with a strange facial twitch and sensation that I have no idea where it will lead. I don’t really need that kind of stress and it’s putting a damper on the excitement leading up to my recording session.

Now, tonight is the night. The twitch and sensation are fading, but I’m surrounded by sick people. Well, one person in particular. And, of course, I automatically feel my chest tighten up and am quite certain that I am going to start coughing like a maniac. Is it all in my head? Most likely. But there is always the chance that it’s not – and that is what gets me.

So, I just have to make it through work today. I got to drive the car, which means I don’t have to be surrounded by a bunch of gross bus people with their gross illnesses. I just get to go straight home, pack up all of my musical stuff and hit the road. Will I make it through? Most likely. But what if I don’t.

Okay. I sound like a crazy person. I know. But everyone has a “thing” and this is mine. I’m becoming a germaphobe. Well, not so much a germaphobe. I’m just grossed out by sick people and do everything I can to avoid them. I also suck down tea and vitamins and any sort of cold/flu preventative I can find to try to avoid getting sick. So, maybe I have a phobia of getting sick.

Whatever the case may be, I just need to stay healthy today.

No comments: