Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Weekend

My weekend feels like it barely happened. I'm exhausted. Here's the rundown:
  • Went to happy hour on Friday night at the 331 Club and won the Music & Movies trivia with my wonderful teammates.
  • Spent Saturday night house warming with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend, their friends, and my husband. Night consisted of hilarious trivia of its own – namely TV and movie quotes.Enjoyed the glorious spring-like weather on both Saturday and SundayBought a new pair of boots (picture below) and ordered another pair online. First time online shoe purchase. Hope they fit.Got a fabulous new haircut. Very Karen O. (Also pictured below)

New Boots


Karen O.

Then the bad stuff…
  • Spent hours in the mall trying to find a pair of knee high boots to fit over what, are apparently, my monsterous calves and extra-wide feet. Failed. Which is why I had to buy them online.
  • Picked up dog poo in the backyard, only to have another layer of snow melt away revealing another layer of dog poo. How many layers could there be under there?
  • And the worst part of the weekend: our sewage line backed up. One inch of standing water in the basement. Wet-vacuumed up by my wonderful husband. We had to get the main sewage line snaked out. Luckily, it was just tree roots and not a broken pipe. Still added a lot of stress to the weekend and I really needed a stress-free weekend after the insanity that was my previous work week. It was incredibly difficult to get myself to work this morning.

This is the last full work week before London! Next Monday the office is closed for President’s Day. Then we leave the following week. Counting down the days and staying away from sick people.


No comments: