Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

7 Days...

Just one more week to go before the husband and I head off to London and Paris for 5 days. It’s pretty much the trip of our lifetime and with it comes a ridiculous amount of pressure and stress. Most of the time when I have something major approaching, I start to concern myself with thoughts of getting sick or something horrible going wrong. And that hasn’t changed. And things have happened. Our sewer pipe busted and cost us a very large amount of money to fix and I am sick. Right now. Sick. I think it’s only a minor cold and seems to be dissipating (knock on wood) and hopefully I don’t spread it to the husband (knock on wood).

But I am not going to dwell on the negative, I am going to only look forward to 7 days from now when I will be boarding a flight to Heathrow Airport and London. And in honor of this trip, I am going to be posting every day something London/Paris related, like something I am excited about for this trip/and something about British music.

  1. My husband sent me this picture yesterday of what the first thing we will see will be when we emerge from the tube from the airport and step out into the London streets:

Isn’t that ridiculously London? It looks like a movie set. It’s really going to hit me that we are in London. I can’t wait to see those signs for the tube and the big red double-decker buses.

  1. I’m also super excited to just fly over there. I love going to the airport. I love airport bars. I’m not a big fan of flying, but I’m still intrigued by the thought of being in a plane for 8 hours and what that will do to me. I have albums lined up to bring along (including PJ Harvey’s new one, Let England Shake, which I love and will review at some point), I plan to purchase some movies to watch on my phone and hopefully I will sleep. That is the most important thing. Airplane drinks, pretzels, in flight movies, peanut M&Ms…And I love new airports. All airports are the same yet just a little different. They all run the same and the signs all work the same, but it’s always a little different. The air feels different. You can tell you are somewhere else. I look forward to that.

3. And lastly, I am almost certain I am going to meet Noel Gallagher when I’m there. I’m not going to stalk him, but I just have this feeling I will see him walking down the street. Which is completely ridiculous because really, what are the chances? Either way, the musical dessert today is "Don't Look Back in Anger" and this is a live version that completely blows me away (and it just happens to take place in Argentina, which is where we are planning to take our next big trip).


No comments: