Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

6 Days...

By this time next week, I will be in London. It will be around 3pm. I will be exhausted. But I will be in London.

One of the many things we are planning to do in our short time there is visit Abbey Road. Not the studios, but the actual road/crosswalk from The Beatles’ Abbey Road album cover. I have no plans of recreating this picture. But I will cross the road.

It seems silly for an intersection to be a major tourist attraction. Even sillier that just crossing a road can be so appealing and thrilling. But it is. And I will do it.

They also have a webcam set up at the intersection so you can check it out at anytime. So watch for me around 6am CST next Friday. You can see that here.

The weather is supposed to be sunny with highs in the upper 40s. Not as warm as I’d hoped, but still not bad. It’s not supposed to rain, either, which is shocking and a relief.

Below is a video of the song “The Universal” by Blur, one of my favorite songs of all time. I’m so excited to be surrounded by the scenery that inspired so many of my favorite songs/bands.


No comments: