Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

5 Days...

Tonight is the last big stress filled event to get through before we leave. Last night I played at Acadia*, and not that playing is stressful or something to “get through”, but it was an event to mark off the calendar that will take me one step closer to London. Tonight is the Employee Cabaret/Annual Office Party that I help coordinate. I’m also performing in the Cabaret. I’m completely exhausted from last night. Bloodshot eyes…Hungover. But it’s cool. I have all weekend to sleep.

5 days from now I will be in London. It’s so hard to imagine. Around this time next week I will most likely be back at the hotel after a long day of walking around, getting ready to head out for the evening. Plans for the evening are to see a local rock show at the Dublin Castle.

This is supposedly a really trendy "hipster" local rock venue. Madness got their start there. Allegedly the likes of Kelly Osbourne and Kate Moss hang out there. Goal for the night: Obtain a show poster for the night.

Below is the song “Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want” by The Smiths. First of all, I know they are actually from Manchester, but whatever. Same country. Second, I am super late to The Smiths party. I just couldn’t get into them during the time of my life that I was supposed to get into them. But now, LOVE them – and this is my favorite song of theirs. And I hope to get what I want, which is a fantastic vacation filled with good health.


*Setlist for last night's Acadia show: "The Paul Simon Song", "Good to Know", "Cast a Spell", "The Party", "Can't Even Tell", "Adore" (first time played live with drums)

No comments: