Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Supa Dupa Fly

The title of this post has absolutely nothing to do with what is being written. I was just listening to that song (by Missy Elliot) here at work this morning. It’s good stuff.

What is not good stuff is that this is another sick at work post. I’m feeling like crap, but the timing is almost perfect. Almost because I have band practice tonight – the first in a while and I was looking forward to it – and I have a hectic day at work tomorrow and plans tomorrow night. But after that I have nothing. Nothing until the end of February when I have everything. A show, a big work event, and, oh, yeah, I’m leaving the country. So it’s good to get this sickness here and over with now, but I just hope the really bad stuff holds off until Saturday. I want my Thursday and Friday night.

But, in honor of feeling like crap, I think it’s time for another 25 Songs That Play on my iPod (upgraded now to iPhone) While I’m Sick At Work. You’ve already seen Missy Elliot. Here are the rest:

    1. “Ulysses” – Mason Jennings
    2. “Margaret Vs. Pauline” – Neko Case
    3. “Walk Off” – The National
    4. “Old Fashioned Hat” – Anais Mitchell
    5. “Talkin’ Alien Abduction Blues” – Dan Bern
    6. “The Highs and Lows of Being #1” – Jenny and Johnny
    7. “Baby, You’re a Rich Man” – The Beatles
    8. “Ursa Minor” – Rogue Valley
    9. “About Today” – The National
    10. “You Know I’m No Good” – Amy Winehouse
    11. “Little Lou, Ugly Jack, Prophet John” – Belle and Sebastian
    12. “Leave Your Boyfriend Behind” – Leona Naess
    13. “Can’t Hardly Wait” – The Replacements
    14. “Nugget” – Cake
    15. “Broke” – Modest Mouse
    16. “Get Real, Get Right” – Sufjan Stevens
    17. “Bad Communication” – Sufjan Stevens
    18. “Castles Made of Sand” – Jimi Hendrix
    19. “Glass” – Ingrid Michaelson
    20. “Something About Your Love” – Mason Jennings
    21. “Song to Bobby” – Cat Power
    22. “Committed” – Jenny and Johnny
    23. “(Put the Fun Back in the) Funeral” – Erin McKeown
    24. “Pot Kettle Black” – Wilco
    25. “Readabout!” – Grickle Grass

No comments: