Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February Begins

It’s always nice to close the door on January. It’s a long month. It feels like a long month. Almost as long as March feels, but much colder.

Normally I feel a sense of relief when February hits. Spring is officially 6 weeks away. I can do 6 weeks. But it had to snow last night and instead I woke to more snow piled on top of the snow that has been sitting there since early December with no place to go and no chance to leave. The mounds of snow at the end of the driveway are now taller than the car. It’s dangerous to back out of the driveway. You can’t see and no one can see you.

But February is short and it HAS to get warmer. It just has to. We had an early spring last year. March was gorgeous, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately I know we are in for an ugly spring this year as all of this snow slowly melts away creating piles of mud for my dog to walk through.

With the turn of a new month, I get to turn the page on my Yes and Yes calendar. My list for this month is People I Love. I could list people individually, but then I would inevitably forget someone and feel bad. So I cheated and just grouped everyone. My Family, My Friends, etc.

Also, according to this calendar, Feb. 1st is Working Naked Day. Obviously I can’t do that in the office. I should have called in.

Other notable things happening this month:

  1. I have a show at Acadia on the 24th.
  2. The Employee Cabaret here at work is happening on the 25th. I’m performing. Should be fun.
  3. PJ Harvey has a new album coming out that I am oddly excited for. I mean, I love PJ, but for whatever reason I’m really excited for this album. I just have a feeling it’s going to be awesome.

And, last, but most certainly not least, it is my husband’s birthday this month. And, since he is a leap year baby and therefore doesn’t get an actual birthday this month, I would like to wish him a Happy Birthday Month. So, Happy Birthday Month, baby!

No comments: