Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Morning Wrap Up

It's rainy and it's Monday, but I am not down.

I had a lovely weekend. Nothing too exciting happened. It was just a pleasant weekend.

I spent Friday night doing one of my favorite things: singing karaoke. We were out with my husband's old coworkers, a reunion of sorts. These people always bring out the party atmosphere and I found myself doing shots, which I never do. We got a table right by the dj. I made friends quickly and it paid off. He let me sing all of my songs. Here is what I sang:

No Doubt: "Just A Girl"
Blondie: "One Way Or Another"
Prince: "When Doves Cry" (first time doing this one and I will never do it again - sucked)
Tina Turner: "Proud Mary" (I don't pretend I can actually sing this song, but it's fun to do)
Lita Ford: "Kiss Me Deadly"
Meatloaf: "Paradise By the Dashboard Light" (I sang this with some random bald old dude. It got kind of creepy)

I also sang "Islands in the Stream" briefly to fill in the gap for one of my cohorts who gave up after the first few lines.

...I feel like I sang more, but I don't remember....

It was a good night. I was just drunk enough. But not too drunk that I felt like shit the next day.

Saturday we did our taxes and we aren't getting anything back. Oh, well. I went out to see my dad who told me he is trying to prepay for his cremation. Though I appreciate him not wanting to leave his kids with the bill, it is a morbid topic for a sunny Saturday afternoon. My dad will be 68 this year. He is not that old. He has a bad case of diabetes (his right leg is amputated and he is legally blind from it), he is actually healthier than he has been in years. He doesn't drink anymore, he watches his diet, he excercises. I just think he's tired. Life hasn't been easy on the guy.

I was in bed early on Saturday. I didn't get much sleep the night before. I did pick up season 1 of Weeds from Target. I have yet to start watching it, but I'm looking forward to it.

Sunday I made soup! It's awesome. Cannellini bean and pasta soup. I was so proud of myself. I brought some in for lunch today and it was soooo goood. Mmmmm.....

I watched the Grammys last night. They were better than they have been in years, but still, I either don't know who half the people are anymore or I can't believe they are giving awards out to the people I have head of. And why was Miley Cyrus even there? I understand she has made some recordings, but so have the dogs singing "Jingle Bells" and they weren't invited. Do the Grammys not have any pride anymore? They did remind me of how awesome Jay-Z is. Damn that man is cool. How do you get to be so fucking cool? And big props to M.I.A. and her big belly for getting through the night.

Only 30 minutes left of my work day. As the Little Engine That Could (my favorite book as a kid) would say: I think I can...I think I can...I think I can....

No comments: