Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Acadia Part 2


Not a whole lot to say about last night, just that it went much much better than Saturday. I played by myself again, but stuck to songs that I’ve actually performed in the past year. But, I also played a couple of new ones – but strangely I always feel comfortable playing those because those are the ones I sit around at home playing so they are stuck in my brain.

I was just having a lot of fun up there. Sometimes my mind gets so overcrowded with all the other logistics with shows - will people show up, what time do I start, how much time do I get, will my guitar work (it always does, but I never feel 100% that it will), where is everyone, do I get drink tickets (important stuff, folks) – that by the time I get on stage my brain is fried or so completely cluttered that I can’t focus. This is also a problem in my day to day life. I need to learn to clear my brain.

Which is what I did last night. I decided not to worry about anything else and just play and I did and I had a great time and think it was one of my better solo sets.

So hooray!




Set list for Acadia Sept. 11, 2012

  • Good
  • The Party
  • Minnesota
  • The Paul Simon Song
  • Can't Even Tell
  • Oh, Sun
  • Lord, I Have Made You a Place in My Heart (Greg Brown cover)
  • Easy to Blame
  • Beg, Borrow, or Steal
  • Introvert (first time played!)
  • Adore

No comments: