Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Simple Super Saturday

Yesterday was a good day. One of those days that just sort of happen and are and you have a chance to really just soak it all in and love it.


I did nothing yesterday. Well, I did things, but there was nothing I had to do. It has been a very long time since I had a day like that. I didn't even have to shower yesterday, so I didn't. Maybe that's gross to you, but every day for the past 6 weeks, I've had to get up in the morning, get in the shower and go somewhere and it made every day feel like work. Yesterday, I just got up. I got coffee. I had some good internet time while sipping coffee. I had nowhere to be. It was wonderful. It's good to have days like that every now and then.But, like I said, I did do somethings. Like:

1. I bought a new ukulele!


It's electric and it sounds so pretty and I can't wait to take it to the stage. Maybe I'll let it make it's debut at my show on Wednesday.

2. I sat outside for a really long time.


I never spend much time outside, even though I'm incredibly lucky to have a beautiful backyard. I always get annoyed by the neighborhood kids. But, yesterday, the neighborhood was mostly silent and I got to just sit and soak it all in. It was awesome.

Matt and Murray also kicked around the soccer ball. It's so awesome to see Murray still chasing that thing.



We bought these outdoor lights last October for my CD release party. Immediately after the party, the weather just changed and we never got to enjoy them...


...until last night. It just pulls the whole patio together.



We sat and drank beer, listened to music, and watched the bats fly over head. It was so very very nice.

No comments: