Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

30 Days of Music. Day 3: A Song That Makes You Happy

I was going through my music collection and was somewhat saddened by all of the sad, sad songs I have. There's not a whole lot of really happy music there. It's going to make Day 4 difficult to choose from.

That being said, as I flipped through my collection, I immediately stopped on Erin McKeown's album Grand. This not only contains a song that makes me happy, but it is my happy album. Even the slower songs bring a smile as the stories she tells are so cool. Erin's voice oozes happiness and a little bit of mischief. This album is an upbeat, happy summer day. When I first heard it, I put the CD in my CD walkman - yes, it was that long ago - and headed to work. I found myself with a big smile on my face from the first note, almost bouncing down the downtown Minneapolis streets.

This song in particular gets me singing along, bouncing, and smiling.



Isn't she adorable? Doesn't just looking at her make you happy?

No comments: