Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

30 Days of Music. Day 4: A Song That Makes You Sad

This was a hard one. I have, literally, thousands of songs in my music collection that make me sad. Why I choose to surround myself with such depression inducing material, I’ll never understand.

But on the beautiful Saturday that I had (and was the topic of the post before this one) I was hanging out in my living room and “Evaporated” by Ben Folds Five came on. I was having a really good day and was in such a fantastic mood and as soon as this song started, I felt my whole being shift and suddenly my shoulders slumped and I found myself staring wistfully at the floor and I thought: This is a song that makes me sad.

It’s a beautiful song, even though it puts me into a state of depression.



All I could find on YouTube was this live version with a full orchestra.

No comments: