Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

30 Days of Music. Day 2: Your Least Favorite Song

First, should I be posting one of these every day? I suppose that makes sense. But I haven’t seen any official rules about 30 days in a row.

This is probably the easiest entry of the 30 days. I’ve hated this song for so long. I’m even hesitant to write about it because once you even say the name or think it, there it is, stuck in your head for the rest of the day. Yep, it’s there now. And I even have headphones on and am listening to other music and this song weasels its way in and above them all.

But here it:



I remember a day where I was listening to the radio and this song came on and I listened for a few minutes and then thought: this is terrible and turned the station. I went back to the station after another song finished and this song was still going. It kept going and going. “Bennie! Bennie! Bennie and the Jets!!!” Ugh. It makes me start to twitch. Each “Bennie!” is like someone is poking me in the shoulder and I really just want them to stop but they are sitting there with these stupid novelty glasses on just poking me and poking me.

It’s nothing against Elton John. He has some fine songs. Very fine songs. And some very nice novelty glasses.

Side Note: I'm slowly redesigning this site. I'm treading carefully into the waters of HTML. So bear with me as I get the hang of it.

No comments: