Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Soundset

I spent my afternoon at Soundset, the local hip hop festival. Yes, Minnesota has a hip hop festival. We actually have an amazing hip hop scene here led by the folks at Rhymesayers, containing such acts as Atmosphere and P.O.S..


The weather was cold and rainy. It kind of put a damper on things. I also ate some, what I thought, was undercooked pizza that left my stomach rumbling. We ended up leaving early.

But, we did get to see P.O.S.. He is really amazing. Smart lyrics, live band...he's almost punk rock in his sound. I highly recommend you pick up his album Never Better. It is so good. At the very least check out his song "Purexed". It gives me the chills every time, its so good.


I will say I was disappointed by the amount of litter everywhere. They could have done a better job with containing the garbage. Maybe hire a green team next time?

I don't know if I'd go again next year. I can take Hip Hop in doses, but the constant bass got to me after a while. It's not really my scene. Except for P.O.S.. He makes me happy.


No comments: