Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

There Is A Crack In Everything

A beautiful Memorial Weekend is upon us. I had to take the day off work today to get a new central air unit installed. Our old one finally quit us. The first guy to start the installation, showed up at 8am. He left about 20 minutes later and said someone else will be here "around noon" to finish the job. WTF? The next guy showed up at 1:30. He's still here. He's making a lot of noise. I've had to sit here all day waiting and waiting and waiting for these people. I've got nothing done. What a wasted day.

In the midst of all this, I discovered this on my kitchen floor:
This is the same kitchen floor that I just had installed less than a year ago. This did not help make my day any better.

Luckily, I had 20 minutes to run to Menards to see if they still have this tile, and they did. So I've got replacement tile. Now I just need someone to fix it.

Every so often, I seem to go through a real unluckly patch of time. I really hope things aren't headed that way again.

No comments: