Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Sausage


This is Sausage. She and I have had our differences over the years. We had a love/hate relationship when we lived together that mostly leaned on the hate side. She really disliked me and she let me know it.

It is true I favored her more social brother, Pinky. When I would share my bag of Doritos with him, she would sit in the corner, glaring. I would always offer her a treat, but she would not budge. She was a stubborn gal and would never let you see her beg. Except in the mornings. God forbid you were the first one up and did not run to her food bowl and fill it up right away. She would follow you around the apartment howling at your every step.

She made you earn her respect. Not sure I ever achieved that with her. But she had mine.

The fact that I had this multi-leveled relationship with this cat made her very special to me.

Today is her last day. I will miss her very much. I'm sad I didn't get to say goodbye. But not that she would have cared. Or maybe she would have. Either way, she would never let me see it.

No comments: