Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Double Header

Like I said in my Lost post below, a lot has been happening lately. For example: This weekend I had two shows! I performed in the lobby of the Rossmor building during the St. Paul Art Crawl. Hey, a show's a show, right?


I got a full hour each time. I got to make a set list. It was all very exciting.


I wasn't mic'd or amped, but the acoustics in that space were amazing. No mic or amp needed.

And I also whipped up a cd to sell. Well, I was giving it away and asking for donations. I sold 3 of them...to friends. But, that's something. It has 5 songs on it all recorded at home. I put the packaging together myself, and it shows. But I wanted to have something to hand out.


My plan is still to make a "real" record. I just need to figure out how. I could continue to make them at home, but I want a drummer. I think my songs would really benefit with drums added. Or I could just put out a pure folk album. But I have too many ideas for my songs to just do that.

I also need to get a new guitar. Every time I pick up my guitar, another piece is missing from it. It's falling apart. I have other guitars, but I don't like to play them. They just don't feel right, or sound right, to me.

Songs performed for each set:

Set 1 on Friday
Perspective
Cast a Spell
World of Pain
Holes
Good to Know
Align
Old Fashioned Hat (Anais Mitchell cover)
Minnesota
Lipstick
Acid Tongue (Jenny Lewis cover)
Good

Set 2 on Saturday
Walking Strange
Cast a Spell
World of Pain
Perspective
Good to Know
Old Fashioned Hat (Anais Mitchell cover)
Minnesota
In the Company of Elvis
Back at the Start
Acid Tongue (Jenny Lewis cover)
Good

No comments: