Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Final Countdown


Today I am officially entering the last month of my twenties. In 31 days I will be 30 and then all hope is lost.

I'm kidding. Not ALL hope will be lost, but I feel like a lot will be. I suddenly feel like I'm on a real countdown to do as much as I can.

It occured to me the other day, after noticing a mole that I'm not sure how long has been there, that I should probably get it checked because I'll be in my 30's soon and these things might actually lead to something. Something could actually turn out to be cancer. I could have a heart attack. Oh, no! I'm old!

In ten years I'll be 40. 40!!!! How did this happen? I feel like I'm 25...yet I feel like I'm 37 at the same time. I'm at an odd crossroads in life that I'm sure each and every person goes through. I just can't let a number define me. I will do all the things I want to do. It will happen. Someday.

In honor of this countdown, I leave you with this:



No comments: