Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

331 Club Intermission EP Release Residency Night #4




Egads! Can't believe I haven't posted about this yet! I guess I'm still recovering somewhat.

It was steamy. It was sweaty. The air conditioner was not working. By the time we got done playing, I looked like I just stepped out of the shower. Always embarrassing when that happens. But what can I do? I overheat. I sweat. It happens. Oh, well.

The night itself was a lot of fun, though, even with all of the sweat.

The Broken Bicycles kicked off the night. I love their new sound. They started out a ukulele strumming duo and have turned into this great rock band.


 We played next. I knew I was going to get sweaty, but man, ick. I think the heat and the sweat made for a good show from us. I sort of felt completely open since I was such a sweaty mess anyway.




The White Whales were up last. They are quickly becoming local favorites of mine. I gushed about them quite a bit while on stage. They released a new song snippet recently from their upcoming new album and it is gorgeous. I am so excited to here it. You can listen to it here.


And with that, the residency is over. I'm sad. I really had so much fun. I don't really know what my expectations were. I guess I just assumed it would be some little Tuesday night shows, playing to a sparse Tuesday night crowd, but it wasn't. Each night the place was filled with people. I got to play with bands I really enjoy. The atmosphere was super positive. The sound is fantastic. The staff at the 331 Club are wonderful. By night two the bartender knew my drink order. I really enjoyed going out on a Tuesday night to play some music and hang out with friends.

The original purpose of this residency was to celebrate the release of our EP Intermission. If you couldn't make it out to one of these shows, you can download the EP from my website for $5 or send me an email if you would like one of the limited edition physical copies (while supplies last) at nikibeckerinfo@gmail.com.

We have no shows until August 23rd (when we'll be at the Turf Club for my birthday!). We're going to spend July working out some new songs, reimagining some old songs, and just getting ready for the fall.

Thanks so much for a great June!

Setlist for 331 Club 6/25/13

  • Flavor
  • Lens
  • I Guess This Is Called Moving On
  • A Story
  • Salt
  • Blind
  • Float
  • Beg, Borrow, or Steal
  • Introvert
  • Adore


No comments: