Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

331 Club EP Release Residency Night #1

 

This is way late. But that's the thing that happens when you play shows late at night and have a day job and also suddenly have a ridiculous toothache and find out you need a root canal. Things get lost in the shuffle.

But this was a super fun night. I'm not sure what I expected for the residency. Shows on Tuesday nights are strange affairs. I really had no idea what to expect. But it was a blast and I am super excited for the next one.

Savannah Smith opened the show and she is wonderful. It was just her and her ukulele and she just has the loveliest songs.



Brad Senne came up next to do some solo versions of his band Walker Field's song. Although you wouldn't have known he was solo if you were just listening. He rocked it, stomping away.


Then we were up. It was the first show with the new drummer and he was excellent. Since he hasn't had time to learn all of the songs, we mixed it up a bit and did a couple of songs with just Shawn and I.



The audience was amazing. An old friend of mine who lives in Canada and who I hadn't seen in 10 years surprised me by showing up.

It was a good night. Really looking forward to next Tuesday with Cait Leary and Fairfax, AK. 9:30pm. But first I have to get a root canal Monday afternoon. Blech.

Setlist for 331 Club Intermission EP Release Residency Night #1 6/4/13
  • Flavor
  • Lens
  • Good to Know
  • Float
  • Blind
  • I Guess This Is Called Moving On (first time played!)
  • A Story
  • Easy to Blame
  • Beg, Borrow, or Steal
  • Introvert

No comments: