Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

In Sickness

Oh, yes. I am sick. After weeks and weeks of being surrounded by people with terrible colds and not catching it, I thought maybe I was immune. But nope. Here it is. Luckily, I got through my show on Tuesday (though being not getting home until after 2:30am and having to get up and go to work the next morning at 7:30am probably did not help how I feel now) and hopefully this will have mostly run its course by next Tuesday for the last night of our residency at the 331 Club.  Still bums me out, though, because I have all the plans on Saturday and I want to do them all. But even if I was well, it would be a draining day.

I’m at work today. My officemate is out this morning so I don’t feel too terrible being all gross and snotty at my desk right now. Thinking I might leave early today, though. I don’t know. I don’t really have the sick time. But I always feel like such a hypocrite being at work really sick because I get SO PISSED when other people do it.

I think one of the reasons I don’t feel so utterly death-like, though, is because I finally slept through the night last night with no interruptions. A full 8 hours of solid sleep. I haven’t had that in so long. Mainly because Robbie, my dog, wasn’t sleeping through the night and he would get up and wander and make all sorts of noise. But on Monday, after another night of barely any sleep, I went out and bought him the best dog bed ever. And he loves it. And now it’s hard to get him off of it. So we are all sleeping now.

And now, here it is. I’m sick at work, so the headphones are in and I will do all I can to not remove them so I can tune out my staggered breathing and sniffling and try to get some stuff done. My playlist of the 25 Songs that helped me get through the day.  I currently have a pretty female heavy playlist on the iPod, so bring on the ladies (and Eddie Vedder):

“Bobbing for Apples” – Regina Spektor
“1234” – Feist
 “Doubt” – Wye Oak
“Soft Shoulder” – Ani Difranco
 “Kiss” – Scout Niblett
“I Remember You” – Rilo Kiley
“The Killing Type” – Amanda Palmer
“Acid Tongue” – Jenny Lewis
“Shepherd”  - Anais Mitchell
“Hail to Whatever You Found in the Sunlight That Surrounds You” – Rilo Kiley
“Once in a While” – Eddie Vedder
“Tiger Boy” – Haley Bonar
“Glory” – Liz Phair
“In the Margins” – Ani Difranco
“It’s a Secret” – Dark Dark Dark
“Summer in the City” – Regina Spektor
“Big Wave” – Jenny and Johnny
“I Feel It All” – Feist
“You Promised Me” – Caroline Smith and the Goodnight Sleeps
“Under the Earth” – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
“Eager For Your Love” – Tristen
“Laying and Lying” – Zoo Animal
 “Love Out of Lust” – Lykke Li
 “Go Long” – Joanna Newsom
“Draggin’ Around” – Rilo Kiley

No comments: