Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

331 Club Intermission EP Release Residency Night #3



I went into last night with the beginning of a head cold and apparently I should play with a cold more because that might have been our best set...ever. After just 3 practices and 4 shows with our current line up, we are really jelling and it makes me so happy. Just two months ago I thought I wouldn't even have a full band for these shows anymore, so all of this has just been wonderful.

Martin Devaney and Jake Shyer did a lovely set to kick off the night...


...and Silverback Colony closed out the night and the bar - playing a 90 minute roaring set.


The band and I played second last night (and will be doing the same next week). Immediately into song number one, I felt a sort of gooey substance between my thumb and index finger on my finger picking hand. After the song I looked down and I was bleeding. No idea how it happened. It didn't hurt and still doesn't hurt, but I think something must cut me underneath my nail. Being as scared of blood as I am, I am so thankful I didn't faint right then and there. I played on, smearing blood all over the guitar strings. Maybe that helped to fuel the fire?

My husband took a bunch of great photos last night. So thankful he does that for me every show.






Set list for 331 Club 6/18/13
  • Float
  • Blind
  • Lens
  • Good to Know
  • Beg, Borrow, or Steal
  • A Story
  • Easy to Blame
  • I Guess This Is Called Moving On
  • Introvert
  • Adore


No comments: