Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Creeping Back

I've been sick for most of the month and this morning I finally feel like I'm creeping back to the land of the living. I was sick for the first week and a half of January, better for about a week, and have been kicked back down with the flu since last Thursday. It sucks. If you read my blog at all, I don't need to tell you how much I hate being sick. So I won't bore you with that again.

Meanwhile, in my sickened stupor, I've been coming up with a ton of ideas that - if I follow through with them - will definitely keep me busy for the rest of the year. So, I guess 2013 is all taken care of. Honestly, I already have a beginning of an idea for 2014, so I should probably start making my lists and   managing all of this.

But I've not only been stuck in my own head during my illness, I've also put the old Final Fantasy X back in the Playstation 2 and am enjoying revisiting all of my old friends in Spira. It's nice to get lost in something to take your mind off of being sick. It's better than getting lost in movies or TV, too, because I feel like I'm actually accomplishing something. You know, saving a whole world of people and all.

Last Saturday I went to see Erin McKeown perform at The Cedar. Two years ago when she played at The Aster, The Husband and I met up with her post show and ended up giving her a ride back to her hotel. This has lead to me being able to call Erin McKeown, one of my favorite musicians, an acquaintance of mine. She is a delightful person and a truly gifted musician and highly entertaining performer and she put on a wonderful show. It was great to say hello again post-show and I wish her all the best on her trip to Europe. Now go get her new album, MANIFESTRA. Or, really, get them all.

Finally, I've got a music video coming out in a couple of weeks. It's for my song "Can't Even Tell" and it was animated by my dear friend, Rev K. We're throwing a premiere party for the video at the Amsterdam Bar in St. Paul on Friday, Feb. 15th. It's an early show, too. So I hope to see you there!



No comments: