Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Triple Rock And Body Aches

Since my last post I've played a show and caught a cold.

Let's start with the show.

I played Triple Rock Social Club last Thursday, January 3rd. I had never played there before. It was fun. The stage felt very big. I'm used to being squeezed in very tightly with the band, always being very careful not to trip over chords. But there was plenty of room on the Triple Rock stage. Though, I'm not sure it's really any bigger than other stages I've played on. Just set up differently.


Also on the bill was Vonnie Kyle (who is currently promoting a Kickstarter. Check it out HERE) and Roe Family Singers, who are just about one of the best groups in town.

Set list for Triple Rock 1/3/13

  • Good
  • Float
  • Flavor
  • The Woods
  • Lens
  • Good to Know
  • Beg, Borrow, or Steal
  • Introvert
  • Adore


Then I woke up the next day and felt like shit.

I felt it coming on all week and I am so grateful it held out until after my show. But, as I always say, being sick is the worst. I went to work the morning of the 4th and left in the afternoon and have not been back. I have done nothing since then. I've either been in bed or in my favorite chair watching TV. I finished Beverly Hills, 90210 season one (original series) that I got for Christmas. I'm now rewatching Community. Again. And I downloaded new episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia along with old favorite X-Files episodes to watch on my phone in bed (as we have no TV in there).

Besides some congestion and occasional bouts of overly warmness, most of the cold is gone. Except the horrible body aches and headache. I have had a headache since Friday. And my whole body is in so much pain. I woke up at 4am with shooting pains all over and had to get up and do some stretches to try to work it out.

It hurts. Bad.

And, it mostly hurts because I haven't been able to move around much these past few days, so I'm all stiff. But now I'm so stiff that doing anything is incredibly painful. Even lying down.

So. Very. Lame.

But I need to be better soon because I'm going to the Caroline Smith and the Good Night Sleeps show on Thursday and I have very much been looking forward to it for a while now. And then I have a happy hour for 2 departing co-workers on Friday and it's the Best New Bands show at First Avenue on Friday. And I'm just really sick of doing nothing.

No comments: