Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Festive

I’ve said it before; there are few things I like better than being outside, listening to bands play, and drinking beer at the same time. What was great about this past weekend is that I got to be one of the bands playing. I played my first outdoor summer festival (Stone Arch Bridge Festival) on Sunday and it was ridiculously fun. I want to play all the festivals. I want to play outside all the time. I really think it was one of our best sets, even though I completely forgot the second verse to “Cohabitate”, it all worked out.

Thanks to Lindsay and Matt for the photos!

I briefly attended Rock the Garden on Saturday. I worked a 90 minute shift and then stepped outside into the dismal rain and just was not feeling it. The place was packed, though, so people seemed to be able to stick it out better than me. And I guess My Morning Jacket played an awesome set, so my loss, I guess.

The weekend was capped off with a fantastic show by Erin McKeown at The Aster Café. Really, you need to be listening to her if you aren’t already. She is delightful. Yes, I think that is the best word to describe her.




Setlist for the Stone Arch Festival of the Arts 6/19/11

-The Paul Simon Song
-Cast a Spell
-Minnesota
-Can’t Even Tell
-The Party
-Good
-Cohabitate
-Thursday
-Here
-Adore

No comments: