Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dream Log #12


I woke up this morning to a landscape completely covered in snow and ice, which reminded me of the dream I had on Monday night. It was terrifying.

I was driving back from somewhere and the weather was bad. It snowing heavily. People had told me not to leave wherever I was at, but I didn’t think it was going to be as bad as it was.

I was rounding a corner and there were other cars on around me. The corner was huge – almost U shaped – and bent around the side of a cliff. On the other side was a guard rail and on the other side of that: water.

It was pitch black. I couldn’t see anything. I was trying to desperately to find the lanes on the road. As I was coming around the corner, I thought I saw where I was supposed to be. I tried to adjust and the car I was driving started to slip, then it skidded all the way across the lanes of traffic and ended up sort of hanging off the side of the road. I was screaming and my heart was pounding. I managed to get out of the car without a scratch on me.

As I got out of the car, I looked up and saw two SUVs skid exactly where I had, except they weren’t so lucky. One skidded and flipped up against the side of a cliff and exploded. The other skidded right off the side of the road and into the water below.

I ran to the first house I could find and asked to use their phone. As I was trying to contact my husband, I looked out the window and saw that the police and tow trucks and ambulances had arrived. I hung up the phone and went outside just as two teenage boys were rocking my car up and down until it finally fell off the side of the road.

I ran up to the police and asked how they could have let that happen. They said they didn’t notice and I shouldn’t have abandoned the car anyway. I ran down a trail that led to the water and found my car just floating there. I was desperate to get my things out of the car – mainly my iPhone. I leaned off the dock and tried to reach inside…

Then I woke up. 

P.S. I'd also like to give a Happy Birthday shout to my husband! He only gets one of these every four years...so, Happy Birthday!

P.P.S. Also, in honor of this snowy Minnesota Leap Day, I am offering up my song "Minnesota" for free today via Bandcamp. You can get it here.

No comments: