Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

From the Den...Volume One

I said I would do it and I did. Even though it’s a little late, it’s here. My EP of cover songs.

Whenever I have the house to myself and I’m feeling up to form, I will plop myself down in front of the computer, load up Garageband, and record. Sometimes it’s just demos of original songs I’ve been working on – gotta get them down before I forget them! But, most of the time, I just fiddle around with other people’s songs. It’s good practice. I learn what all the buttons and options are in Garageband and, I find, when you break down a song of someone else’s, you see how it’s made and it can help your own songwriting process. Songwriting can be overwhelming at times, but when you take a song by a great band like The National and break it down and realize it’s just piano chords like everything else, it can be inspiring.

As the title suggests, there will be more of these to come...

Also, it’s FREE to download, so take it, share it, enjoy it when you are away from the computer.

As always, thanks for listening!

2 comments:

two birds said...

your music is beautiful! i believe i am meeting you tonight for a little karaoke. you will probably shame all of us!

Niki said...

Thanks! I look forward to singing with you tonight : )