Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Dream Log #10

It started with the husband and I lying on blow up rafts in the middle of a lake. We started floating back to shore, between boats, just drifting. We decided to visit a friend who lived on the lake.

As we headed to their house, we discussed seeing him again. When we opened the door, there was Murray and our...cat. Yes, in this dream we had also owned a cat. It seems we had given them both up because they had become too old for us to care for. But there they were. Perfectly fine. Wandering around the living room. I sat down and Murray greeted me as if I was a stranger. He was kind, but distant. I started to pet him as he walked away, running my hand down his spine. I then said "hey Pumpkin. How's my little Pumpkin Pie?" (those were my nicknames for him)

He immediately turned around and pounced on me, licking my face and giving me his little nibble kisses (sometimes he would get over excited and instead of licking, he would nip at me). I could feel his little teeth. It was so real. He was so happy. I was so happy.

I looked to Matt, who was holding our cat (?) and we both started to tear up. We decided it would be best to go.

As we headed out the door, Murray followed us out, his leash attached to his collar. We looked to our random friend and said, I guess he's coming home with us. So we took Murray and our cat and headed for the door.

Suddenly we were pulled up in front of a house. We were sitting in the front of a truck packed with all of our belongings. We went inside and started to get settled into our new place. The cat wandered around, investigating.

We slept on the hard floor that night. The next day we made breakfast and it hit me that Murray wasn't in the house. We had left him in the truck all night. I can't even begin to describe the agony this gave me in this dream. I started crying and ran out to the truck to get him and brought him inside.

He followed the cat around the house and seemed to ignore us.

I laid on the floor and looked down the hall at him. He stared back at me. I said, "come here babydog". His tail wagged, he gave me one of his Murray smiles, and he started to trot towards me but slipped on the hardwood floors (just like he always used to do). But unlike before, he popped right back up and ran down the hall towards me. He stood over me and gave me a million kisses. He was so happy. I was so happy.

I started to wake up at this point. I tried desperately not to. As I did wake up, I could feel him. I felt a weight on my back. I was trying to roll over, but it was like something was holding me down. I laid there for a little while longer trying to capture that moment with him again. But it was gone.


No comments: