Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Another Weekend

I did stuff this weekend. Not sure it was a good idea, but I did stuff. You see, I caught this horrible chest cold the previous weekend and it is killing me. I seriously want to lock myself in my bedroom and never leave until it’s gone. I have not coughed like this in years. Years and years. It is THE WORST. No lie.

I had a lot of plans for this weekend and had to let most of them go as I dealt with this sickness. I was bummed.

But I did do some stuff. Like:

Turf Club on Friday night to see L’Assassins and Red Pens.

I love the Turf Club and cannot pass up a Friday night there when there are bands that I enjoy and people I enjoy hanging out with. So I went and had a nice time and heard great music…but I think I should have stayed home and gone to bed early. I was feeling better that night, but I think it did me in.

L'Assassins

Red Pens

Recording Day 4

Studio

I spent Saturday at the recording studio working on some songs for the new album. Unfortunately, I think my illness seeped through the tracks because I’m not too happy about how things sound – at least the new new stuff we started. We added stuff to some songs that are close to finished and that sounds great. But the stuff I just started on Saturday sounds a bit lackluster. I also think it has a lot to do with my guitar. My guitar sounds like shit. I really need a new one. A new new one. Not a used one. This one goes out of tune so easily. It buzzes everywhere all the time. It is completely unreliable. And it no longer sounds good on tape. The first couple of tracks we did with this guitar turned out really well. But now, I think its time has come. And it makes me sad.

Yesterday I pulled up all my guitars from the basement and played them all and they all sound like shit. Not sure what I’m going to do about this. Unfortunately, recording may have to be put on hold until I get my guitar situation figured out. This upsets me.

Watched All of Community Season 2

I’ve seen season 2 of Community. I watched it as it aired. I have certain episodes downloaded on my computer. But, being that I was unwell, I needed something to watch all day while I laid on the couch, drinking tea and sucking on cough drops. So I picked season 2 of Community because I love Community. The show is so ridiculously good. Season 2 in particular is awesome. WATCH IT!

I stayed home from work yesterday. I woke up feeling worse than I have all week. Actually, I woke up around 6am coughing. I couldn’t stop. It lasted all morning until I fell back asleep around 8:30.

So I have a doctor’s appointment on Friday to help me get rid of this – if it’s not gone by then – and to take care of some other more personal things. Awesome. I hate going to the doctor.

I’m also out of sick time at work which puts me in a bad spot.

And I have a hole in my favorite pair of boots.

And I realized I don’t really own any pants…and winter is coming.

Did I mention my dog is still dead?

Things kind of blow right now.

Oh, and since I’m sick at work, here’s another 25 songs that are getting me through my day:

  1. “Highway 16” – Haley Bonar
  2. “On the Radio” – Regina Spektor
  3. “Desire” – Ryan Adams
  4. “Jimmy Jazz” – The Clash
  5. “Dogs Eyes” – Wye Oak
  6. “Hanging on the Wire” – PJ Harvey
  7. “Illuminine” – Thurston Moore
  8. “Riverside” – Agnes Obel
  9. “Wendybird” – Haley Bonar
  10. “Minerva” – Ani Difranco
  11. “Lived in Bars” – Cat Power
  12. “Shot Down” – Pink Mink
  13. “Lost in the Supermarket” – The Clash
  14. “Goodbye” – Eddie Vedder
  15. “Connect the Dots” – Lucy Michelle and the Velvet Lapelles
  16. “Ashes of American Flags” – Wilco
  17. “The Wind” – PJ Harvey
  18. “Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright” – Bob Dylan
  19. “Catherine” – PJ Harvey
  20. “Them” – Mimicking Birds
  21. “Elizabeth on the Bathroom Floor” – The Eels
  22. “Dream a Little Dream” – Eddie Vedder
  23. “Devilish Man” – Haley Bonar
  24. “How Come You Never Go There” – Feist
  25. “Wrong “Em Boyo” – The Clash

No comments: