Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Recording Day 3

I spent somewhere around 8 hours in the studio yesterday...and we completed just the drums and a couple guitar parts for two songs. It was a long day, but it flew by. I had said that I wanted to take my time with this album and get everything right so that's what I'm doing. And I'm happy about it. I really want this album to be great. And, it's sounding great. I'm so very excited.

It was also nice to know that I still care about all of this. I had found myself feeling very apathetic towards things this past week. Nothing seemed important anymore. It was nice to get into the studio and really dig into something. Sadly, it's going to be another month before I get back there. But I have a couple of shows in between and it will give me time to work on the next round of songs that we'll get started on next time.

And, I was around a dog for the first time since Murray passed away. I was nervous about it, but as soon as I saw him (Roy the dog), I felt very comforted. I was happy to know that I could still be around dogs and pet them and say nice things to them and not immediately break down.

Sigh. Now I'm thinking about Murray again....now I'm blue.

No comments: