Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dream Log #9

I’ve been having the strangest dreams lately. Very vivid. Very stressful. All of them. Filled with stress. For example on Sunday night I dreamt:

I was getting ready for work in the morning. My husband had left for work on his bike so he was out of communication and I was home alone. I was in the bathroom doing my hair or whatever when I looked down and I saw a crack in one of the bathroom tiles. My heart sunk. Dammit. Now I have to deal with getting this fixed. Oh, well. At least it’s just the bathroom and just one tile. I can deal with it.

I continued with my morning routine and went back to the bathroom to finish getting ready. I stepped on the floor and the broken tile and grown to a large crack running down the middle of the room. The floor had separated and you could see the icky old linoleum we used to have underneath.

I started to panic. Thought about calling the husband, but remembered he was on his bike. Panicked alone for a while, but finally calmed down – reassuring myself that it was just the bathroom floor and it’s not the end of the world and I can deal with this.

I go to leave the bathroom and the crack has spread to the hallway. Now there is a big hole in the floor outside of the bathroom. You can see straight down to the basement. Once again, I start to hyperventilate. How the hell do you fix this? I don’t even know where to begin.

I’m now in full on panic mode. One thought I remember having in the dream is that, well, at least Murray isn’t here. This hole in the floor would be so dangerous for him.

And then, I start to calm down again. Still reassuring myself that I can deal with this. It’s not the end of the world. I will get through this.

I leave the hall to go find my phone to call a repairman. I enter the dining area of the house and look up. The walls and ceiling all have big water bubbles everywhere looking like they are ready to burst.

I begin to panic again.

Then I woke up.

No comments: