Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Rosy-Minded Fuzz

For the past 6 months or so, I have avoided getting sick by taking a combination of Zicam and Echinacea tea everytime I even begin to feel slightly under the weather. But, I knew I couldn't keep it away forever. It has found me.

So, here I am. Sick. Near voiceless and stuffed up. Achey. Itchy eyes. And in 3 days I'm supposed to finish the vocals on my album. I'm hoping I feel better by then. I don't want to reschedule. I'm behind as it is. Not that I have a set deadline that has to be met. But I have my own personal deadline and I would like to meet it.

But enough about being sick. There have been too many other awesome things happening lately to let this get me down. For starters:

1. I saw The National two nights in a row on Thursday and Friday. Favorite band status complete. They are so amazing. Run run run and buy their albums. All of them. Then go see them live. I promise you that you will not be disappointed.

2. Our mission to redo our living room is starting to really take shape. As mentioned in a previous post, we sold our old furniture. This past Saturday, we bought some new furniture. We don't have everything we need yet, but just seeing the transformation happening is very exciting. It looks so awesome out there. So much more us.

3. The work on my album is moving along. It's been going slower than anticipated, but it's still coming together and getting done and I'm super excited about it. I mean, I'm making an album! Yay!

4. My birthday is in just under 2 weeks. I'll be 31. Or, thirty - wonderful, as some friends of mine have said in the past. I think now that the 30 has happened, I'm excited about my birthday again. No solid plans as of yet, but I think I want to keep it kind of mellow anyway. Not like last year.

So, yeah, good things.

No comments: