Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Yes, I Think You've Seen Him Before


Corey Haim died last night of an apparent drug overdose. He was 38 years old.

This is very sad to me. Corey Haim was a big part of my life as pre-teen. He was in The Lost Boys, for crying out loud! One of my most favorite movies ever. I think fondly now of him in that pastel trench coat walking through the Frog Brothers comic book store. Or screaming in fear as Jason Patric floats outside his window. And I still question why a teenage boy had a sexy picture of Rob Lowe in his bedroom. Was Corey Haim ahead of his time in wanting to play Sam as a gay teen?

Then there's License to Drive. The story of a 16 year old who just wants his license so he can ask the hot girl out on a date. And when he doesn't get it and steals his parent's car to take her out anway, well, let's just say that hilarity ensues.

And then there's Lucas. This was one of his first movies and people actually thought he'd be a serious actor. You wonder where the divide happened.

So, thanks, Corey, for The Lost Boys. I can't imagine anyone else in that role. And now I have the theme song stuck in my head. "Say you love a pretty night! (lost boys!) Lost in the shadows".

No comments: