Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Have I Mentioned I Love Doing This?

I got to perform live again last night at O'Donovan's open mic night. I really can't get enough. It's just about the most fun thing to do ever.

I had my first on stage technical difficulty. I plugged in my guitar and nothing came out. There was no connection to the amp. With no amp, I can't play. Luckily, there was an awesome guy - Dane - in the bar that let me use his guitar. It was a little awkward playing someone else's guitar, but I got through it.

There was a good crowd there last night, too. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists (yeah, I don't know who they are either) were playing across the street at First Avenue so there was a lot of pre-show people hanging around.

I played: "Good", "Minnesota", and "Old Fashioned Hat" (an Anais Mitchell cover) for my first time up. Second time through I played: "Cast a Spell", "In the Company of Elvis", and "Lord, I Have Made You a Place in My Heart" ( a Greg Brown cover).

This Wednesday I will be at Ginkgo's Coffee House for their open mic night.

No comments: