Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Skirting The Issue


Why is it impossible to find a black skirt these days? I spent 3 hours at the mall today and could not find one. Sure, there are a ton of black business skirts. Pencil skirts meant to be worn with power blazers and pumps. But what about a classic, black, flowly skirt? Impossible to find. I searched through every store and could not find one.

I started with a very specific skirt. I wanted a new black knit skirt
that could be worn with leggings. I wanted no embellishments. Once that proved impossible, I decided I just wanted a black skirt. You would think something as basic as this would be easy to find. But I could not find one anywhere.

The real problem, I discovered, is that if you're not 19 or a career woman, there are no clothes for you. My style is not slacks and blouses. But, I feel silly in the trendy section filled with 18 year olds in layered t-shirts, skinny jeans, and over-sized high-tops. That's not my style, either.

I just like casual comfort. Not khaki. Not low-riding skinny jeans. Why is it so difficult for a 30 year old woman to find clothing?

1 comment:

Mrs B said...

http://www.fairindigo.com/cproduct_info.php/fair_trade/Women_Skirts/product_name/Pima_Organic_Skirt/products_id/728

this one is amazing. I have it in black.